Sunday 4 March 2012

Pink Pinecones

Roses and diamonds. What more could a girl want?

The theme at the Sunday Stamper this week is diamonds, so after several false starts and lots of changing of mind about a colour theme I have made a card, though it's definitely hand delivery only as its a bit dimensional.


I've used Vintage Photo Distress Ink to lightly colour my card and then applied some more through a diamond stencil, The lines were a bit hard so I softened it all up by spraying with water and blotting with kitchen towel. Next I stamped some little diamonds going the other way from the Mini Muse stamp set. The sentiment is from the Stuff to Say set also by Tim.

Next I got out my BigShot and cut out some Tattered Pinecones and some leaves from the Autumn Gatherings strip die. I used paper from my Vintage Shabby paperstack.
The edges of everything are lightly inked with Vintage Photo, and I then curled my pink pinecones very loosly and just glued the base with hot glue, so they unfurled and looked like roses.  The leaves are light green on the other side, and this is what I was going to use originally, but I liked the vintage dictionary better.


The card is finished off with some diamonds from Maya Road, and an Ideology bookplate.
Now I'm off to have a little wander around blogland as its raining and I'll just have to delay getting the lawn mower out today. Oh dear, what a shame!

12 comments:

Yvonne said...

OMG, this is GORGEOUS, Sue!

Artyjen said...

Pretty, pretty, pretty ;)
xoxo Sioux

Artyjen said...

Pretty, pretty, pretty ;)
xoxo Sioux

Redanne said...

I love cards with lots of dimension, this one is really lovely.

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Gorgeous love your dimensional flowers. Tracy x

Helen said...

This is simply beautiful, I really love your roses.

Caz said...

Really pretty card - love the pine cone die used like this!

Shelly Hickox said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!! Love the pine cone roses!

...the yorkshire fox... said...

....yummy card Sue, gorgeous muted tones and great use of diamonds...Mel :)

Hels Sheridan said...

Absolutely stunning card Sue, love those roses, they are sooo pretty! Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

Elaine said...

Love your roses - as they're mottled they look real!

Carol said...

Lovely card and colours are great.