Friday 9 March 2012

A Little Ruffled

Another great technique this week over at Grungy Monday (can't believe its number 38!) where the lovely Linda has asked us to make something using the method Tim Holtz has used for his 2nd Tag of Christmas 2007. You can find full details on his blog here.
I messed up about 6 tags before I got one where I was happy with the painty embossing stuff, so that 's why I'm actually having a Grungy Friday.


After the embossing bit, using one of the first stamps I ever bought (that lovely Stampers Anonymous tree), I coloured my tag with Weathered Wood, Stormy Sky and Broken China Distress Stains and stamped the birds from the Anthology set by Tim using Archival Ink so it would stay put over the embossing. The stamped words are from the Stuff to Say set. 


To finish off my tag I used some Salvage Stickers, mini photo film, and tiny attacher staples to fix this to the tag. I made a tissue tape ruffle and wound some twine around this before attaching an Ideology button.

12 comments:

craftytrog said...

Fantastic tag Sue! Love those branches, been ages since I used them! They work brilliantly! x

Sue said...

Love this! Fabulous!

Artyjen said...

The trees really enhance the effect. Really fab tag ;)
xoxo Sioux

Helen said...

What a beautiful tag - I struggle with this paint embossing technique too (and being a bad workman I blame my paint dabber!) but your tree looks fabulous.

Unknown said...

I absolutely love your tag, the colors, the message, it's all so beautiful!

Carol said...

I absolutely love this tag.

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...awesome Tag Sue, so striking...Mel :)

sara j said...

I love your tag, your calendar pages and your cats...not sure about the order either!! Wonderful tree branches; don't know that I've seen this stamp but will have to go looking for it. The background color is just deep and lovely...

Marjie Kemper said...

Beautiful tag, Sue! The branches look awesome as the resist and I love how you arranged the letters for FLY.

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful tag, love the blue background.

Unknown said...

Love the branches!! Reminds me of when I took pictures with infrared film - what a great way to use that technique! Great tag, love it all.

Unknown said...

Lovely tag so nice Hugs Elaine