Tuesday 6 March 2012

March 366 Journal

Kate Crane's 366 Journal challenge is such a brilliant idea, and a great way to journal a bit each day. A week of March has almost gone, so time to put the finishing touches to my pages for this month.   I must admit I'm writing in my pages  at the end of the month, but for March there are some days coming up which are hidden under a small tab.


I used  one of my favourite colour combinations of turquose and green this month. Actually this page hasn't quite worked out as planned, but with a bit of collage first aid I think I've rescued it. The gessoed pages have been sprayed with Dylusions ink sprays  and then I've stamped onto the background using Archival ink. The collage elements are images and some lovely handmade paper from Artchix.

The small tag covering 17th and 20th of March is made using a resist method. I stamped the Wendy Vecchi tree onto an ATC using white acrylic paint, and used Distress Inks to colour the background.



There are some little blobs of lime green acrylic ink and mist from the spray inks that have landed by accident on the tree flap, but I think I'm OK with that.

 I have again had feline help, so am posting a couple of pictures of Professor Schroedinger aka Ding Ding and Princess Matilda Tanglepaws aka Tilly. I'd feel a right numpty calling out their posh names!
Tilly (Seal Point Ragdoll)

Ding Ding ((very tired after getting crafty)Seal Point Tabby Ragdoll)

6 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Love your little helpers they are so cute!!! Great March pages, love the backgroun. Thanks for sharing the photos of your furry ones. :) Anesha

Artyjen said...

As Anesha says thanks for sharing the furry ones! The tab idea works so well....mine was a complete fluke but yours has more of a plan I can see.
xoxo Sioux

Donna said...

This is a lovely page - gorgeous colours and images. Your cats are absolutely gorgeous as well.

Marjie Kemper said...

Great March pages. That flap with the Wendy tree is really intriguing!

Unknown said...

Great little helpers, Tilly and Ding Ding are gorgeous.Hugs Elaine

mags21 said...

a very pretty page for March, great colours.