First of all I got some Ideolgy bottles from my stash and aged them following Wendy Vecchi's fabulous instructions. I used Matte Glue n' Seal which to my impatient mind took forever to dry, and then Rock Candy Crackle paint, which took even longer to dry, but what a fantastic technique. It is so worth the wait. I coloured the bottles with Stormy Sky and Peeled Paint Distress Stains and aged by working Coffe Archival Ink into the cracks.
Whle waiting for the glue and crackle paint to dry I assembled my Art Parts. I used the small spool from the sample pack (or is it a cake stand?). It's covered with Shabby Vintage paper, sanded the edges and Inked with Vintage Photo.I wound some leaf ribbon up the support and also wrapped some vintage lace around the base.
The roses are also made from Shabby Vintage paper and inked on the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. To make the roses different sizes just roll up more tightly or loosely, and cut the spiral from the die cut paper to a shorter length. (I used some of the off cuts from the spirals to make individual petals). The stems are made from rusty wire.
To finish off I used a tiny frame from Artchix that is aged with black acrylic paint that has partially dried and the is dabbed off with paper towel, the picture it is framing is from the Lost and Found paperstack. At the base I used a vintage pen nib aged in the same way, and scattered some of the individual petals around. To give you an idea of scale the whole thing measures 6 inches from base to the top of the tallest rose.