Tuesday 6 March 2012

More Pink Pinecones!

Help. I think I've got an addiction, but it's not a bad one really. Somehow I just can't stop making those little roses from my Tattered Pinecones die, and now have a little box just full of roses and rose buds in varying shapes and sizes.  Luckily for me I can use some of them in the challenge at Simon Says Stamp and Show this week, which is Bottles.  I had a little think and came up with the idea of using an Art Part stand to make a table to put my bottles (which make handy vases for my roses) on.

First of all I  got some Ideolgy bottles from my stash and aged them following Wendy Vecchi's fabulous instructions. I used Matte Glue n' Seal  which to my impatient mind took forever to dry, and then Rock Candy Crackle paint, which took even longer to dry, but what a fantastic technique. It is so worth the wait.  I coloured the bottles with Stormy Sky and Peeled Paint Distress Stains and aged by working Coffe Archival Ink into the cracks.


Whle waiting for the glue and crackle paint to dry I assembled my Art Parts. I used the small spool from the sample pack (or is it a cake stand?). It's covered with Shabby Vintage paper, sanded the edges and Inked with Vintage Photo.I wound some leaf ribbon up the support and also wrapped some vintage lace around the base. 
The roses are also made from Shabby Vintage paper and inked on the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. To make the roses different sizes just roll up more tightly or loosely, and cut the spiral from the die cut paper to a shorter length. (I used some of the off cuts from the spirals to make individual petals).  The stems are made from rusty wire.




To finish off I used a tiny frame from Artchix that is aged with black acrylic paint that has partially dried and the is dabbed off with paper towel, the picture it is framing is from the Lost and Found paperstack. At the base I used a vintage pen nib aged in the same way, and scattered some of the individual petals around.  To give you an idea of scale the whole thing measures 6 inches from base to the top of the tallest rose.

9 comments:

Artyjen said...

That is sooooo cute! Gorgeous. ;)
xoxo Sioux

Crafting Queen said...

Love the roses, beautiful creation.

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Gorgeous Sue, love your bottles and the roses are gorgeous. Displayed beautifully too. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x

Candy C said...

Awww...I love your little Art Parts "table" with your beautiful little faux crazed bottles and the miniature picture frame. This is so cute! Wow...your Tattered flower roses are just lovely! Very nicely done! Thanks for sharing your work with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

Carol said...

I love it, I love way you put in the extra detail of petals falling off the flowers.

Marjie Kemper said...

Wow! Totally stunning. I love the little framed pic leaning against the gorgeous bottles.

Unknown said...

This is lovely Sue ... you did a great job with Wendy's tutorial ... your spool looks really feminine and delicate ... I LOVE it! Thanks for playing along with the team at Simon Says Stamp and Show this week!

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous I love the way you have changed the vases and those Roses are STUNNING, I love them , and the way you have made them.
Hugs Elaine

Christine said...

I love your "table" and bottles and roses - absolutely beautiful!! Thank you for the Wendy Vecchi link - I'm going to have a go at doing a crackled bottle myself!