Friday, 15 October 2010

Taking a Break

I will be taking a break for a while as my dear and wonderful husband passed away earlier this week. I don't think I can write anymore at the moment, but know that I have made some lovely new friends, and would like to thank you so much for all the support you have given a newcomer to this world of art and blogging.

Wednesday, 6 October 2010

Inchie Bug

I do think I have caught the 'inchie bug'. Feeling quite pleased with my previous effort I thought I'd have a go at another one. I made my tile and the inchies yesterday and thought I would assemble it first thing this morning. In the night one or both of my kitties thought they would help, so I have had an inchie hunt, they had secreted several in their biscuit bowl and also very cleverly distressed some of them with lovely little tooth marks, so three of the inchies have been re-made this morning.
The background is Viva Ferro stamped and painted, then lightly dabbed on Inka Gold. I've used stamps from Artistic Outpost and Stampers Anonymous, paper from my Lost and Found Stack again, TSS metal and some bits of Ideology on my inchies. I've got little stories rattling around in my brain for these inchies. Not quite sure where they are going yet, but think I might make these projects into mini 'imaginary' journal covers.

Monday, 4 October 2010

Inchie Allsorts

This project started off as a 5''x5'' mountboard off cut, and some of my new stash by Collections Elements that I bought at Artisan.
The mountboard is covered in a thin layer of Viva Terra and then stamped in some places to create texture, painted with raw sienna and cream acrylic paint and then I very lightly dabbed on a little Inca Gold.
The Collections Element I used is a little card with nine inchies pre cut into it. After popping out the inchies I painted the frame in Old Paper Distress Crackle Paint and after drying sprayed with Tattered Leather Glimmer Mist.
There are four stamped inchies using stamps from The Artistic Stamper and Stampers Anonymous. Two of the inchies are covered in TSS metal, embossed, aged with black acrylic paint, and then have a little Cloudy Blue Alcohol Ink on them. Some Lost and Found is covering two more, and finally, and ooh, I felt so naughty, I cut up an old Latin text book, which I have to admit I haven't looked at since 1976!! The Inchies are attatched with foam sticky to make them stand out from the frame. To finish off I added a few old watch parts and an old pen-nib.I would like to enter this project in three challenges.

Simon Say Stamp and Show Your Numbers, Gingersnap Creations No.71 Inchies and The Artistic Stamper October Challenge, Layers.

Sunday, 3 October 2010

Distressed Autumn String

Here is a tag I made today that I can enter in three challenges!
Simon Says Show your Distressed /Sanded Grunge.
The Sunday Stampers Challenge 'String'.
Something Completely Differents Challenge Shades of Autumn.

My tag with distressed edges, is coloured with Rusty Hinge, Barn Door, Wild Honey and Brushed Corduroy D I's, and then the background is stamped in Coffee Archival Ink.

Next I got to play with my new Tattered Leaves Die, which I then embossed and sanded. The leaves are then coloured with some autumnal Alcohol Inks, but I just can't get this to show too well. The calender page is from my Lost and Found Stack.

Saturday, 2 October 2010

Blackberry jam doesn't wrinkle!

I have had a busy week, and not had very much time for getting inky until today. Earlier in the week I picked absolutely loads of blackberries, and have made a crumble (nice) some blackberry sorbet (even nicer!!, and there's loads of it), and some blackberry jam. Finally I got some inspiration and thought I'd have a jam theme for this weeks Compendium of Curiosities Challenge (No. 16).
This weeks technique for the Compendium of Curiosities can be found on page 33, and is one that I use quite often, so thought I'd step away from my favorite blues and greens and go for some jammy red!

I have used Barn Door, Victorian Velvet and Tattered Rose DI's for my background, and stamped a few Paperartsy flourishes in Victorian Velvet. The sentiment is also Paperartsy as are the flowers. The girl in the mini frame is an Artchix image, and the flowers are stamped onto gold TSS metal and coloured with Red Pepper Alcohol Ink.

Rock Candy Distress Cracklepaint has been added around the top and bottom of the tag. I got a bit impatient waiting for it to dry and applied a bit to much heat in some places, making it boil (got some funny fumes at that point) but serendipity stepped in and it looks remarkably like jam! Yesterday I went to Artisan , and came away with lots of carrier bags full of goodies! My task today is to sort out all my lovely new stash. I think I'm going to need some more storage space soon.