Sunday, 26 December 2010
Wednesday, 15 December 2010
I have used a 4'' x 4'' frame which I've painted with cranberry acrylic paint, sanded and then stamped in gold ink with a Tim stamp. The Father Christmas is an Artistic Outpost stamp stamped in coffee archival ink and then coloured with vintage photo distress ink. I have applied a large quantity of Rock Candy Distress Stickles, but even so you can only just see the sparkle. He is really sparkling, honest!! The letters are from the Seasonal salvage Stickers, mounted on grungeboard, sanded and inked, and I've inked some ribbon with aged mahogany distress ink and used a little wire hanger that I've had for ages as a finishing touch.
Monday, 13 December 2010
The top of my tree looks a bit wonky because I made it last night, and when I came to assemble my tag this morning the top had been chewed off!! I think my kitties have been up to no good over night. I did find it halfway up the stairs, so it probably didn't keep them amused for very long. A little bit of ink and it doesn't show too much.
Friday, 10 December 2010
I just love tag nine. It's so gloriously vintage, and though Tim says it's elegant, I must admit I think its a bit OTT in a really good way.
I don't have those letters that Tim used for his sentiment, so used some pre cut grungeboard ones that I inked and covered with Glossy Accents. I've just about used up all my pearl bling, so hope there isn't much of that for the last few tags!
For tag ten I got in a bit of a pickle, as, being my usual impatient self I didn't wait long enough for my ribbon to dry. What ensued was a horrible lot of red stains on my snowman. Infact, he looked like the victim of a brutal attack!! So he is hiding behind the frosty snowflakes, with a liberal bit of repainting, which luckily doesn't show too much.I'm off now to have a look at the fabby tags at Artyjens splinter group.
Tuesday, 7 December 2010
Tag number 7 looks truely amazing on Tims blog, mine not quite so much!!
To start I didn't have an embossing folder that looked like wood, so used one that was actually grass and a bird (cunningly concealed behind my poinsettia).
No spray on colours for my canvas, so I just swiped it with Distress Ink, and found some red and green glimmer mists that took a bit of unclogging but eventually managed to spray my canvas with these. My poinsettia is a bit fragile as I don't have a hot glue thing, so with a lot of glossy accents and much pressing it finally held together.
I now off to have a look at the fab tags over at Artyjens
I have to own up to being very tempted to use a tag today that I had posted a couple of weeks ago for the last CCC challenge, but had to try out those new techniques, and I'm really glad I did. I would never in a million years have thought of inking the embossing folder. Anyway, now I'm going to have a go at the next tag.
Sunday, 5 December 2010
Quite a bit of improvising today as I didn't have any of the stash needed to make the bit in the middle. However, some grungeboard numbers, and the middle of a grungeboard frame, plus some german scrap saved the day. The embossing on my numbers went so wrong, but after a rub down with a bit of dark brown paint looks distressed rather than just plain wrong (I hope!!)
I really like the idea of embossing some metal foliage to make the poinsettia, but,blimey, it gave off some terrible fumes. Perhaps I went on heating it a bit too long, but found it really difficult to know when the powder had stuck.
Saturday, 4 December 2010
Tag four was much harder for me as I'm not really a blingy girl, more the grungy vintage type. However, after a rummage around I did find some sparkly bits and bobs I bought ages ago and had never used. I didn't have any of those facet thingies either, but did have some fragments that I'd always wondered what to do with. That alcohol ink / archival ink resist technique is pretty cool, and I'm definitely going to experiment with it a bit more when I've got the time.
The sparkly bits at the bottom that look pink are actually clear, but I think they are reflecting my red top. Can't wait to see what amazing things Tim comes up with tomorrow.
Friday, 3 December 2010
I'm really glad this tag was a lot easier to make than the first one, as I will now, hopefully be able to keep up. Actually, even as I was typing that last sentence, I know there is really not much chance of that happening, but I'll try!
Here is a picture of Tilly helping to give the ribbons a nice distressed look. She also loves all things inky and gluey, but distress ink really messes up her fur. I'm linking my tags to Artyjens Splinter Group, where there are some amazing tags. I'm now going to have a look around the blogosphere at all the fab tags that are
I luckily have both the dies, but have used twigs from my garden for the tree, and my wreath is made from little rosemary sprigs stuck to a circle of grungepaper. So here is a bonus. My tag smells really nice!
Anyway to finish off this post here is a close up of my perfumed wreath. I really should get a couple of hours sleep now, but hope to make a start on my second tag later today.