I've followed the instructions on page 48 of the Cof C's for my flower centers. The stamps are all Studio 490 which I haven't used for a while, and I don't know why because I love them! And now I have to try and make my hands slightly presentable as I'm at work tomorrow, and bright blue/green fingers are not a good look for Antenatal Clinic! Note to Self: wear gloves next time use Colorwash!!!
Monday, 31 January 2011
Friday, 28 January 2011
My tag is inked with Tattered Rose and Aged Mahogany DI's and the flourishes are stamped in Aged Mahogany. The vintage cupid is from the Seasonal Tim Holtz paperstack, and I used some little bits of German scrap to finish off. The hearts are painted with Watermelon acrylic paint,, and after being sanded, inked with Vintage Photo and just lightly dabbed with some Inka Gold
Sunday, 23 January 2011
Friday, 21 January 2011
My tag is inked with Wild Honey and Rusty Hinge D I's, embossed and then lightly inked with Aged Mahogany. For my fragment I have used a PaperArtsy stamp and used Lettuce, Sandal and Caramel Alcohol Inks. The barn is an Artistic Outpost Stamp and the sentiment is Wendy Vecchi. To finish off I used an image from my Lost and Found paperstack, and some bits and bobs of Ideology.
Friday, 14 January 2011
I have learned that it is better to put the embellishments on the cover after binding is finished, luckily the bookplate was just out of the way when it came to squeezing up the binding. With hindsight this is blindingly obvious!! So Mr Bind It All, I'm not scared of you any more, (or not quite so much anyway).
Wednesday, 12 January 2011
My supply of masks is very limited so I made one from the caged bird die and cut it from a bit of acetae from the packaging.
I have inked over the mask with tumbled glass and broken china distress inks, stamped some flourishes in vintage photo, then sprayed with Perfect Pearls mist in turquoise, and my bird is cut from grungepaper covered in tissue tape. I have made the flowers from metal following the instructions on Lin Brown's fab blog Yours Artfully. They are really simple to make, and when coloured with alcohol inks can be made to go with any project. In fact I found making them a bit addictive and now have quite a few flowers in various shapes sizes and colours. They are bound to come in useful at some time.
Saturday, 8 January 2011
I'm really pleased because I'm the lucky person who has won December's Artistic Outpost Referral draw. Yippee, it's the first time I've won anything, so thank you Artistic Outpost for making such fab stamps. Anyway, enough rambling.
I have made a tag that I am entering in the Compendium of Curiosities Challenge No 26, The Sunday Stamper week 135 A Charmed Man, and the Artistic Stamper January Challenge, Things with Wings.
The tag is inked with vintage photo DI and stamped with some Studio 490 stamps. The wings are made according to instructions on page 45 of the CofC's,but I didn't have any vintage photo embossing powder so used walnut stain instead and inked with rusty hinge.
The man in question is part of a stamp that I've had for ages, its's an altered version of American Gothic and I've always found this man a strange but fascinating character. I believe that in real life he was a dentist, all I can say is thank goodness he doesn't have me as a patient because he looks really scary. The tag is finished off with some tissue tape, an adage label and I think the little propellor is from 7 Gypsies