Wednesday 26 September 2012

Vintage Sparkle

I think the time of year has come that I can get my Christmas stamps out and not feel it's too soon.  Every year I think I will make all my cards, but somehow never get around to doing it, but at least I have now made one for this year, and because I have got a little stash of Tattered Pinecone roses that I made earlier this year I thought I would use some of them in making a shabby, vintage themed card.


Never one to need much excuse to get out my glitter, I was happy to see that the challenge this week over at Simon Says Stamp and Show is Love of Sparkle, so I have made a very sparkly vintage Noel cut from Grunge paper and combined this with some roses and foliage. The die cut Noel is coloured with Aged Mahogany Distress Ink before applying some multi medium and Martha Stewart White Gold glitter. The edges of the roses are also coloured with some Gathered Twigs and Aged Mahogany DI

5 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Great card, love those flowers.

Maggie said...

Gorgeous Christmas card Sue so vintage shabby!!

Anonymous said...

Love the sparkle on your 'one' Christmas card Sue! That's one more than I've made! Lol!
Alison x

Anna-Karin said...

Very pretty card! The sparkle is awesome and the roses so pretty. Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

Rom said...

lovely!!