Saturday 8 September 2012

Time is Flying

I seem to have had a real flurry of tag making activity this morning, and how appropriate that a little package containing some Ranger Foil Tape arrived in the post yesterday. No excuse not to make Tim's September tag.
I had a nice sticky time applying the tape to a tag and making little faux rivets. Then I discovered that my Black Alcohol Ink has run out, never mind Espresso and Denim seemed a fairly good substitution. I used the alarm clock Movers and Shapers die and cut it out of Grunge paper, and then painted with black and gold acrylic paint, sanded and inked with Walnut Stain DI to give a distressed look.





The saying is a PaperArtsy stamp that I have had for ages, I coloured the paper with Antique Linen DI and distressed the edges with Walnut Stain DI. The clock face is from a Tim paper stack, but I have nearly used it all and can't remember which one it is, and the other paper elements are from the Graphic 45 Steampunk collection. I kind of like the Art-Deco style flowers against the industrial background of the tag.

4 comments:

Cynthia said...

Oh gosh, what a gorgeous tag! I love the background--and those butterfly wings on the clock are amazing!!

Annie said...

Hi Sue. What a fabulous tag? I particularly love your clock with wings. TFS your newest follower Annie x

Unknown said...

I love this tag! you did a fantastic job! I espically love the clock!

Laura said...

Time does fly! Great tag which seems to be calling a meet up!