Saturday 8 January 2011

Rusty Wings

I just got a bit carried away with having a fully functioning computer again after nearly two weeks and posted just the title. Silly me. Thank goodness I noticed. I have definitely had a bit of trouble finding any mojo at all over the past week. I'm putting it down to post Christmas tiredness, and an extremely hectic time at work (millions of babies being born would be a slight exageration, but it has felt like it at times)!
I'm really pleased because I'm the lucky person who has won December's Artistic Outpost Referral draw. Yippee, it's the first time I've won anything, so thank you Artistic Outpost for making such fab stamps. Anyway, enough rambling.

I have made a tag that I am entering in the Compendium of Curiosities Challenge No 26, The Sunday Stamper week 135 A Charmed Man, and the Artistic Stamper January Challenge, Things with Wings.

The tag is inked with vintage photo DI and stamped with some Studio 490 stamps. The wings are made according to instructions on page 45 of the CofC's,but I didn't have any vintage photo embossing powder so used walnut stain instead and inked with rusty hinge.

The man in question is part of a stamp that I've had for ages, its's an altered version of American Gothic and I've always found this man a strange but fascinating character. I believe that in real life he was a dentist, all I can say is thank goodness he doesn't have me as a patient because he looks really scary. The tag is finished off with some tissue tape, an adage label and I think the little propellor is from 7 Gypsies

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic tag Sue! Would love to know his real story! Thanks for joining in with the ASCT wings challenge xx

Minxy said...

Fun and unique Sue, though he looks like a right miserable bugger lol
Thanks for joining in with the ASCT Challenge x

Hels Sheridan said...

Fab tag Sue - looks like you have your Mojo now... mine waltzed off earlier this week too LOL Thanks for joining in with the Sunday stamper x

And... putting my other hat on... thanks for playing at the AS CT Challenge too!! x

MarleneMAZ said...

Great tag! I didn't have the right embossing powder either but I think if you have something close it looks just the same, love the scary dentist guy too!

donna said...

Wonderful tag. Your wings look terrific!

Netty said...

Great tag and loving that man.....plus your rusty wings look great. Annette x

Artyjen said...

Fabby tag...mmm yes I have to agree would'nt like him messing wih my teeth!!! LOL
Love the American Gothic painting though for all it's quirkyness
xoxo Sioux

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous tag Sue, love the wings and the propellor. I agree that guy looks rathy scary - wouldn't like to meet him on a dark night.
Hope all is well with you.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Terry said...

He is just so cool and even moreso with the rusty wings! He reminds me of a teacher who is just not quite happy with one of his students! Love this!

Linda Ledbetter said...

Hey Susie, this is FABULOUS, girlfriend! I'd never have guessed you'd any even an ounce of mojo missing. The rusted grunge wings look amazing, and the imagery is awesome! American Gothic never looked so cool! I thought "Mad Scientist," but I can see "Scary Dentist," too! Love it!

HUGE congrats on your Artistic Outpost win! How exciting!