Here is my entry for this weeks Compendium of Curiosities Challenge Number 27, Distress Misting Masks. The technique can be found on page 60 of this fab volume. Over at Simon Says Stamp and Show this weeks challenge is Masking, so I can also enter my tag in this challenge as well.
My supply of masks is very limited so I made one from the caged bird die and cut it from a bit of acetae from the packaging.
I have inked over the mask with tumbled glass and broken china distress inks, stamped some flourishes in vintage photo, then sprayed with Perfect Pearls mist in turquoise, and my bird is cut from grungepaper covered in tissue tape. I have made the flowers from metal following the instructions on Lin Brown's fab blog Yours Artfully. They are really simple to make, and when coloured with alcohol inks can be made to go with any project. In fact I found making them a bit addictive and now have quite a few flowers in various shapes sizes and colours. They are bound to come in useful at some time.