Monday 2 January 2012

Happy Birthday to Tim

Happy Birthday to Tim, Happy Birthday to Tim, and so on. Over at Grungy Monday 31, Linda has set us the challenge of making a birthday card for the one and only Mr Tim Holtz.

Yikes, as they would have said in the Famous Five.

I find card making a bit of a challenge anyway, and usually get in a right old mess, but thought I'd have a go, and after thinking for a while decided to make some inchies. (I loved the inchies that we all made for Tim when he taught at Newport Pagnell last year, so that has been my inspiration).


The inchies are a combination of techniques. Really simple images from the Lost and Found paper stack, some stamping, some embossing,  and also some Ten Second Studio metal embossing using Tim's embossing folders. The Distress Inks I used are Vintage Photo, Faded Jeans, and Rusty Hinge.  I've used some watch parts and a pen nib for decoration.  These are all mounted on a card that I've painted with Old Paper Distress Crackle Paint, which is then inked with Vintage Photo in the cracks.

 The sentiments are computer generated and attached with tiny ideology bits the name of which escapes me at present.This is all mounted on some sanded Core'dinations cardstock, and layered onto some Kraft Resist paper, before finally attaching to a black card.


Now the only question is am I brave enough to ask Linda for Tim's address, and send the card to him?

20 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

Perfect Sue, I am sure he would find this a wonderful card to receive.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Shelly Hickox said...

I'm sure he would be thrilled to receive it!! Your card is incredible!

Karen said...

Great card! Love the inchies.
I was at Newport Pagnall and made an inchie for Tim last year too, but on the Thursday group. Would be wonderful to get him over again!

Helen said...

Great card, send it!

Unknown said...

Awesome card - love the inchies :)

Minxy said...

Loving your card, very cool indeed.. and quick off the mark too!

Daniele said...

what a wonderful card......inspirational
hugs

Crafting Queen said...

Wonderful creation!!!

Kris Whittaker said...

I love it! I say YES, send it to Tim!

~Kris

Candy C said...

Hi Sue. Your birthday card to Tim is beautiful! I love it! I'm sure he will, too! <3 Candy

Sue said...

Absotively you should send it. It's magnificant!

Sandra said...

This card is amazing. Love the idea of the inchies! What a great way to show different techniques!

Stamped Impressions said...

Beautiful piece! Tim will love it!!

Patricia said...

LOVE this card so much!!!!!
Greetz Patricia

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

I am sure he will love it!!! I do...I love the mosaic look of it!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Gorgeous inches, love them and they are so effective on your card. Lovely piece. Tracy x x

Marjie Kemper said...

Great idea! Your card is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic card Sue! Love those inchies! x

Hels Sheridan said...

Wow Sue, this is a truly STUNNING card... LOVE those inchies, they look amazing! Happy New Year hunny, hope 2012 is a good one for you x

Suzanne Bouchard said...

WOW! An absolutely fabulous card!