Tuesday 7 December 2010

Tag Number Six

I can't believe it already halfway for Tims' Twelve Tags of Christmas. I do have that reindeer die, but not the tree, so the antlers are just cut out. I really like the idea of inking the embossing folder first, a fab effect. My reindeer is minus greenery, and I am just hopeless at tiny bows, that must be abou my 15th attempt!!. Today I also got in a terrible tangle with the tissue tape. It was totally out of control, and just did its own thing,and wouldn't stick where I wanted it to.
I have to own up to being very tempted to use a tag today that I had posted a couple of weeks ago for the last CCC challenge, but had to try out those new techniques, and I'm really glad I did. I would never in a million years have thought of inking the embossing folder. Anyway, now I'm going to have a go at the next tag.

9 comments:

ScrappyDandyDoo said...

isn't it fabby learning all these new techniques :D
Love your tag :D
Julie xx

Netty said...

Its totally gorgeous. Annette x

Zue said...

Lovely!!
I did a workshop last Saturday and one of the things I taught was to ink the negative side of the embossing folder. It gives a wonderful result as you have found out.
Best wishes
Sue xx

Fliss said...

Absolutely beautiful version and from what I've been reading, I don't think you're alone in getting in a tangle with the tissue tape!
x

Maggie said...

Great Tag and learning all these techniques is brilliant way too much fun!

Artyjen said...

Hi Sue! Fabulous creation....stunner of a tag!
It's good to learn something new every day I feel :)
Thanks for linking at my splinter group ;)
xoxo Sioux

The Dolphin Inn said...

He he he thankyou for sharing your experiences, I have felt like giving up a couple of times and certainly don't suffer well when trying to tie little bows lol - but your tag turned out beautiful , love what you have done thanks for sharing xxx

Elaine said...

Beautiful tag!

Jean Franks Beck said...

Perfect in every way!