Saturday 26 November 2011

Yay!! Time for Glitter.

I have decided to own up. I have an addiction to glitter. I just love it. So when Christmas comes I can get out my glitter stash and use it without fear of ridicule.  Grungy Monday 28 this week is a fabulous challenge, with a super fantabulous prize, that uses some of my favorite things (raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens. No not really.) and even better than those, metal, and embossing, and Alcohol Inks. We have been asked to take our inspiration from Tim's wonderful Altered Pumpkin which you can find here on his blog.
I did think about giving a butternut squash the treatment, but decided I would rather make some nice spiced roasted squash soup from that, so I've indulged my love for sparkly, shiny stuff and made a Christmas tag.


 I've cut a tag using from silver metal card by Paperartsy which I've embossed with a  snowflake design and then coloured with various shades of blue Alcohol Inks. I did try to make some pine cones with my new die, but need a bit more practice, so my pine cones are from a cheap deconstructed decoration I bought at Wilkinsons. I have added some Deco Ice glitter to them to make them look more sparkly.


The foliage is cut from the same die as the failed pinecones, and the tag is finished off with some shimmery, frosty looking chiffon and ribbon.

5 comments:

Ruby Craft said...

Your roasted squash soup sounds delicious. I've never had any before. Keep practicing on your pine cones. I know you'll get it. Your tag is beautiful It looks shimmery like a snow covered morning. I don't get to see many down here in Georgia so I really enjoy seeing your winter Merry Christmas tag!

Tracey A. in NH said...

Beautiful tag! It looks so frosty!!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Love your pinecones!!! They are adorable as is the frosty feeling of your tag!

Brenda Brown said...

A fabulous use of all things glittery Sue, just love your interpretation.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Shelann said...

Love the pin cones, I haven't seen that die in use but have been contemplating it.