Wednesday 19 October 2011

Tim in 10

My goodness, Linda has certainly set a challenging test for me this week over at Grungy Monday. We are being asked to make a card using at least one Tim Holtz product  in ten minutes or less.
The reason that this is so challenging for me is that I have a bit of an aversion to making cards as I never really seem to get them quite right, and also, I'm not very good at planning my art, it kind of evolves from a chaos of inkpads, stamps, and two extremely helpful fluffy feline advisors if I'm lucky. But I sat and thought, finally had an idea, gathered some stuff, and banished the cats from my art room/spare bedroom.

I used a black card, a manilla tag, Ripe Persimmon, Seedless Preserves, and Gathered Twigs DI's, my favorite swirly Tim stamp, some Ideology Salvage stickers and a couple of embellishments to make my card, so having set the stopwatch here is what I came up with.


Actually I wonder if I should set myself time limits sometimes, I just squeaked in at 9 minutes and 48 seconds, though what you can't see is that its not really stuck down very well!  I love those new seasonal Distress Ink colours, and mine only popped through the letterbox yesterday so it was great to use them this morning.
Now I'm off to have a look at some of the lovely artwork over at Grungy Monday.

12 comments:

Artyjen said...

Great 10 min. card ;) I'm going to go for the CAS look when i can get my head round the 10 min rule!!! LOL
xoxo Sioux

Crafting Queen said...

Great creation in 10 minutes. Love the colours you used. Poor cats, image being banned! lol :)

Helen said...

Got mine this week too - hope to find time to play at this challenge, must have 10 minutes somewhere surely..... but I don't plan either!
Your card is fabulous, you should do more!

Patricia said...

Loveley tag, Beautifull colors!!!!
Greetz Patricia

craftytrog said...

Amazing what you can create in just 10 minutes Sue, it's a great exercise! Your tag card is lovely! x

Ruby Craft said...

Really beautiful card, the seasonal colors look great together and I love your design!

Maggie said...

Hi Sue sounds like you craft just like me I seem to thrive in chaos but really enjoyed this challenge. Love your card and those new inks are gorgeous must get my hands on some.

Poor banished cats- but needs must sometimes lol

Maggie

Terry said...

Well at least you saw the "card" word! I just made a layered tag! Your tag card is amazing and the butterfly with the stamped background is so lovely!

Sandra said...

WOW! Love your tag card. The colors are great. the seasonal set are super. I think it's just stunning!

Netty said...

Terrific 10 min card, great colours. x

Marjie Kemper said...

Looks great! I like how you separated the backgrounds by the butterfly's wings.

Unknown said...

Loving your Tim in 10 lovely colours & stamps ;0) Dxx