Monday 18 April 2011

Something Different.

Last week I started the most amazing on-line mixed media art workshop (She Art, run by the extremely talented Christy Tomlinson). I am having so much fun!!! I love to try new stuff, and this is so different from anything I've ever tried before.
Christy makes the most amazing art, and I was really drawn to the fabulous mixed media techniques she uses on her canvases, but I have to say I really had fun making my first girl as well, and here she is.


I've used old sewing patterns, acrylics, modelling paste, colour sprays and stamps on my background. It was a truly messy experience, but I certainly enjoyed myself, and can't wait to get started on the project for week two.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks amazing! Im doing this course too but havent made anything yet lol

Artyjen said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun with the background ;) Fab effect
xoxo Sioux

Crafting Queen said...

Super creation, love it!!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Great piece Sue, love the texture. Lovely arty piece. Tracy x

MarleneMAZ said...

Wow! this is great for your first one, love all the background textures. So glad you were inspired to take the class. I thoroughly enjoyed it and like you was not my usual thing.
I am taking her art journaling class starting in May too! Thanks so much for all the kind comments you leave on my blog:)

Netty said...

Terrific page, great colours and texture. Annette x