Sunday 29 August 2010

Holiday Romance?

I was intrigued by the title of this weeks Sunday Stampers Challenge, and, for no known reason thought of secret holiday romances. Actually it might have been because I was sorting out a few bags of collage type stuff and found some Artchix freebies including a picture of a luvy duvy couple.


Loved ripping up an old box to make the background, which I have lightly painted with Kaiser Antique White, and Adirondack Aqua Dabber, plus a light spray of Crafty Notions Champagne Spray. Next I cut a background from my Shabby Vintage stack, which was actually quite hard as I love these papers so much I just want to look at them!! I then used a couple of Tim Holtz Mini Classics stamps on the background.


The torn up love letter is some paper distressed with vintage photo, and the stamped with a Paper Artsy script stamp. My Artchix freebie photo is also given the Vintage Photo treatment and then the edges are dipped in Platinum UTEE to make the frame. The heart is grunge paper covered with a bit of a french dictionary, and again inked with VP.

I have used an Ideology Journalling Ticket which has been scrunched up and inked, plus an Ideology lock and key. The flower I think is by Prima, but have had it ages and lost the packaging, and a couple of Maya Road trinket pins. I like the little hanger, and wish I could rember where I got it.

Now I've got to think about how to do one of those linky things, as I'm going to be brave and join in the Sunday Stamper Challenge!


8 comments:

Hels Sheridan said...

wow, Sue, this is totally GORGEOUS art and thank you for joinin in with the Sunday Stamper! x

flutterbycrafter said...

This is stunning, so much going on here. I love it.

Helen said...

I amost went down the love letters theme too! Love this, it is gorgeous.

Hels Sheridan said...

S'me again... Just wanted to say THANK YOU for a brilliant day yesterday, it was lovely to meet you and I hope you had as much fun as I did... hope to see you again ... and... am still LOVING that art... tis just DIVINE! x

Brenda Brown said...

Hi Sue
It was a great day yesterday, I really enjoyed it, getting inky fingers and meeting you.
This is lovely art, looking forward to seeing more of what you create.
Luv Brenda xxx

Zue said...

Hi Sue
Lovely to meet you yesterday. I love this piece, the colours are gorgeous and I love all the elements you have included.

Hope to meet you again
Best wishes
Sue xx

Minxy said...

Owww pretty, love the blue over the corrugated card, makes the piece really pop

Unknown said...

Now I know where you are I am a follwer love you work hun

love Dawn xx